Exchange Buildings. 1812-1814 Built by public subscription to the design of John Stokoe. It was the civic, commercial and cultural centre for the port of Sunderland and the scene of great social events welcoming, among others, the Duke of Wellington in 1827. Restored in 2002. Bicentenary 14 May 2014.

See also...
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Frank Batt on Flickr
MKSeery on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
MKSeery on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr