Temple Winds. A late 18th century building erected at the foot of the Beacon Fields. A pharmacy before 1830 and it remained so until the 1960s. The recent name is from the copy of the Temple of the Winds in Athens, built in 1824 at the entrance to the Imperial Hotel and demolished in 1868.

g0akh on Flickr

Temple Winds, Chapel Hil, Exmouth
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap

by Exmouth Society Part of the Historic Exmouth series

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

Subjects

None identified yet. Subjects are curated by hand so please bear with us.