The Burns Monument, a cast iron drinking fountain, was restored and relocated to Dalkeith High Street by Midlothian Council assisted by Dalkeith Business Renewal and Dalkeith History Society. The fountain was originally erected in the High Street in 1899 to commemorate the centenary of the death of Robert Burns. The restored foutain was unveiled on the 25th January 2017

Nick Harrison on Flickr

by Dalkeith History Society on 25 January 2017

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Craig Wallace on Geograph
Robert Burns 13th September 1797
Walter Baxter on Geograph
flipflopnick on Flickr
flipflopnick on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Lairich Rig on Geograph
summonedbyfells on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Stephen Sweeney on Geograph
wfmillar on Wikimedia Commons
Brian Cooper on Flickr
wfmillar on Geograph
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
OpenPlaques on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Craig Wallace on Geograph