Founded by James Chalmers in January 1748 as the "Aberdeen's Journal" and originally printed and published at an office on the north side of Castle Street, this firm occupied premises in Broad Street from 1894 to 1970. During the 20th century amalgamation took place with the "Aberdeen Free Press" to form Aberdeen Journals Ltd. The company then printed and published its newspapers at rebuilt offices at 20 Broad Street where once lived Dr Alexander Cruden, author of a noted concordance to the bible. Robert Burns the famous Scottish poet visited the Journal offices in 1787. The Press and Journal and Evening Express moved to Lang Stacht in 1970 when this building was opened by Rt Hon Gordon Campbell MCMP Secretary of State for Scotland

This is an approximate position

Aberdeen Journals Building, Lang Stracht, Aberdeen
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Craig Wallace on Geograph
Robert Burns 13th September 1797
Walter Baxter on Geograph
flipflopnick on Flickr
flipflopnick on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Lairich Rig on Geograph
summonedbyfells on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
gnomonic on Flickr
Stephen Sweeney on Geograph
wfmillar on Wikimedia Commons
Brian Cooper on Flickr
wfmillar on Geograph
OpenPlaques on Flickr
OpenPlaques on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Craig Wallace on Geograph
Nick Harrison on Flickr