Connolly's Mill This building stands on, or close to, a site which has been used for milling for at least 750 years. The present building was erected by the eminent engineer John Rennie shortly before 1800. Then known as Merton Mill, it was one of the largest corn mills in the London area at the time. The building was converted to provide housing in 1994.