Sir Joshua Reynolds 1723-1792 portrait painter lived and died in a house on this site

Replaces plaque put up in 1875 by (Royal) Society of Arts on building since demolished. The present brown plaque, manufactured in 1939, was originally erected 1947, and re-erected 1960 after completion of extensions to Fanum House.N.B This is not a duplicate of #33252 It is a different plaque