These almshouses were built in 1898 by Richard Cadbury for the benefit of the workers of Cadbury's. During the Second World War the railings were removed to support the war effort. Over the ensuing years, damage to the stonework resulting from the removal has been extensive. As a reminder this section has been left unrestored. The project to replace these railings and stonework was undertaken by the Trustees of Bournville Almshouse Trust 2008