Kimble County Courthouse. The third courthouse to serve Kimble County, this structure was designed by San Antonio architect Henry Truman Phelps (1871-1944). Between 1904 and the early 1930s, Phelps designed courthouses in more than ten Texas counties. While he based the Kimble County courthouse on Classical plans, its features are expressive of a new era in architectural design. By the late 1920s Phelps' designs had evolved to reflect the influences of the Art Moderne style. This is evidenced by the building's geometric ornament, cast stone pilasters and stepped parapet and square pattern belt course. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-2000 #11708

Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Wikimedia Commons
Marion & Steve on Flickr All Rights Reserved