place and shop
Commemorated on 9 plaques
Reputed to be the oldest shop in Itterby's main shopping area 16 Sea View Street was first opened to cater for the needs of the growing tourist industry in the early 1900s
16 Sea View Street, Cleethorpes, United Kingdom where it sited (1930-1933)
Chingford Infants school. Locally Listed building. Designed by Walter Stair and erected in 1856 by Robert Boothby-Heathcote (1805-1865), Rector of the parish and Lord of the Manor. The original schoolroom, sandwiched between later 19th century crosswing additions, could house 49 mixed infants
Chingford Infants school, Kings Road E4, London, United Kingdom where it sited (1948-1954)
Paul McCartney John Lennon. In this hall on 6th July 1957 John & Paul first met. The Quarry Men featuring, Eric Griffiths, Colin Hanton, Rod Davies, John Lennon, Pete Shotton and Len Garry performed on the afternoon of 6th July 1957 at St Peters Church Fete. In the evening before their performance in this hall Ivan Vaughan, who sometimes played in the group, introduced his friend Paul McCartney to John Lennon. As John recalled ...... "that was the day, the day that I met Paul, that it started moving."
Simon Peter Centre, Church Road, Liverpool, United Kingdom where it first met Paul McCartney (1957)
23 Princes Street Former offices of the 'Western Flying Post and Yeovil Times' (1851-1857) and Yeovil Post Office (1876-1902).
Greenslade Taylor Hunt, 23 Princes Street, Yeovil, United Kingdom where it sited
In memory of those who died during the Blitz 2nd January 1941 at Hollymans Bakery
69 Corporation Road, Grangetown, Cardiff, United Kingdom where it sited
Murmungee Hall. Built in 1869. By local residents for use as school hall and church. School fees - one shilling per week for first two children of a family and sixpence for any more of same family. Classified 'B' Highly Significant to be Preserved,
999 Buckland Road, Murmungee, Victoria, Australia where it sited
Texas Historical Marker #199
Arlington Cemetery. Encompassing more than ten acres of land Arlington Cemetery includes within its borders several small historic graveyards, including the original old cemetery of Arlington, the W. W. McNatt Cemetery addition, the Masonic Cemetery, and the Old City Cemetery. William W. McNatt, who brought his family here from Arkansas in 1872, was a retail merchant and large scale farmer in this area. He sold the cemetery property to the Arlington Cemetery Society in 1899. Another group, the Arlington Cemetery Association, was chartered in 1923 and maintained the graveyard for many years until the city of Arlington assumed ownership and maintenance. The oldest documented burial here is that of one-year-old Mattie Luna Cooper (1874-75), daughter of pioneer Arlington settlers J. D. and Luna Copper. Numerous other early settlers also are buried here, as are veterans of conflicts from the Civil War to World War II. Local officials interred in the graveyard include seven former postmasters and the following former mayors: M. J. Brinson, George M. Finger, Emmett E. Rankin, Williams C. Weeks, Thomas B. Collins, T. G. Bailey, W. H. Davis, Preston F. McKee, William H. Rose, and Will G. Hiett. (1994) #199
801 Mary St., Arlington, TX, United States where it sited
Texas Historical Marker #1208
Denton County Courthouse. Built 1896-97. Fifth courthouse for Denton County. First was at Alton, second at Pinckneyville. Third (in Denton) was burned in crime charged to a member of the Sam Bass Gang of outlaws. Walls are native limestone; columns, Burnet County marble. Architecture is free combination of Victorian styles, with French second empire pavilions, fanciful ogival domes. Architect was W. C. Dodson; contractor Tom Lovell is said to have built Utah Capitol. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1970 #1208
110 W. Hickory Street, Denton, TX, United States where it sited
Pennsylvania Canal (Eastern Division). This Division was built, 1826-33; operated until 1901. Here, at old Clark's Ferry Towpath Bridge, the State's great inland canal traffic in iron, coal, and lumber crossed the Susquehanna. Lykens Valley coal trade, by way of Wiconisco Canal, joined it on the east bank.
Rt. 147, just off exit from US 22/322 (east side of Clarks Ferry Bridge), Dauphin, PA, United States where it sited and sited