Hotel Vancouver Architects: John S. Archibald & John Schofield In 1887, the first Hotel Vancouver opened at Georgia and Granville Streets. It was replaced in 1916 by a more lavish building at the same location. In 1928, construction began on the third and present Hotel Vancouver. It took 11 years to complete, and opened on May 25, 1939 in time to welcome Their Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on their first Canadian tour.
This is an approximate position
W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC
[geolocate this address]
Google Streetview OpenStreetMap