Cale Cross. This market cross where food was sold (Cale = cabbage) stood near this spot until 1807. First mentioned in 1309 it was rebuilt in 1783 to design of David Stephenson. Re-erected in grounds of Blagdon Hall.

Nick Harrison on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
See also...
Bolckow on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr