The Guildhall. The present building incorporates part of Robert Trollope's town court of 1655-8. North front (1796) by William Newton and David Stephenson. South front (1809). East end (1823) by John Dobson, altered 1880. The centre of town government until 1858.

See also...
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Bolckow on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
Brian Cooper on Flickr
'(p_khoo) on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr
newcastleplaques on Flickr