Paston House In the 14th-15th centuries a house on this site belonged to members of the Paston family, who wrote the famous Paston Letters which chronicle the lives of a wealthy Norfolk family during the Wars of the Roses. After the fire of 1507, the present house was built by Augustine Steward, three times Mayor and also Sheriff of Norwich.

Photo of Augustine Steward, John Paston, and Margaret Mautby blue plaque
sleepymyf on Flickr
Photo of Augustine Steward, John Paston, and Margaret Mautby blue plaque
Jo Turner on Geograph
Photo of Augustine Steward, John Paston, and Margaret Mautby blue plaque
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Photo of Augustine Steward, John Paston, and Margaret Mautby blue plaque
sleepymyf on Flickr
See also...
Photo of Augustine Steward black plaque
sleepymyf on Flickr
Photo of Augustine Steward green plaque
sleepymyf on Flickr
Photo of Augustine Steward stone plaque
Roger Jones on Geograph