The Olympic Cinema This was built as Byfeld Hall in 1906, on the site of Byfield House, the 17th century residence of a former Governor of St Helena. The hall was a cinema and a theatre; Charles Laughton, John Gielgud and Claude Rains first trod the boards here. In 1966 it became a famous recording studio where The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Madonna, Massive Attack and many more recorded. U2 were the last to record here in 2009. It has reverted to its former use as a cinema once again. The Homestead (to the left) is 18th century, but the cottage next door is later

See also...
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Chris Hall on Geograph
sleepymyf on Flickr
sleepymyf on Flickr
Dcs57 on Wikimedia Commons
Simon Harriyott on Flickr
TonyMo22 on Flickr
Jez Nicholson on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Jnicho02 on Wikimedia Commons
Jonathan Deamer on Flickr
Elliott Brown on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
TonyMo22 on Flickr
Brandon Cooper on Wikimedia Commons
Nick Harrison on Flickr
graham19492000 on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
Richard Croft on Geograph
Nick Harrison on Flickr
edward mcmaihin on Geograph
Craig Wallace on Geograph
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Dcs57 on Wikimedia Commons
Richard Croft on Geograph
@bearschairman on Wikimedia Commons
Megalit on Wikimedia Commons
TonyMo22 on Flickr
Dcs57 on Wikimedia Commons
Nick Harrison on Flickr
Rodhullandemu on Wikimedia Commons
Rodhullandemu on Wikimedia Commons
Rodhullandemu on Wikimedia Commons
Rodhullandemu on Wikimedia Commons