Died aged 75
Commemorated on 4 plaques
Newcastle Central railway station. This plaque celebrates the 150th anniversary of the station, opened by Queen Victoria on 29th August 1850 and built by the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway. It was designed by John Dobson, Architect and Robert Stephenson, Engineer. The portico on the north facade, designed by Thomas Prosser, Architect, was added by the North Eastern Railway in 1860. The train shed roof was extended southwards in 1893 to the design of William Bell, Architect. The building is listed Grade 1.
Newcastle Central railway station, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom where they designed (1893)
Opened in 1848 and substantially enlarged to a design by William Bell in 1904, Paragon Station was the principal Hull passenger station of the North Eastern Railway which, with its dock, cartage, hotel and shipping interests, was a major local employer.
Station concourse, Hull, United Kingdom where they designed (1904)
York has been a centre of railway management since 1840. this building, now the Headquarters of British Rail, Eastern Region, was the Head Office of the North Eastern Railway from 1906 (designed by William Bell and Horace Field). The badges above are of the York and North Midland Railway (top), the Leeds Northern Railway (left), and the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway (right), which formed the North Eastern Railway in 1854 and in 1923 became part of the London and North Eastern Railway.
?, York, United Kingdom where they designed (1906)
Bridlington Station Opened in 1846 by the York & North Midland Railway, these buildings and concourse were added in 1912 by the North Eastern Railway to the design of its architect William Bell. In 2006 the former parcels and left luggage offices were renovated and converted into a Community Arts Centre by Hull & East Yorkshire Mind, with the support from the European Regional Development Fund, Railway Heritage Trust and Yorkshire Forward.
Station Road, Bridlington, United Kingdom where they designed (1912)