Lady Emma Hamilton
woman and Lady (from 1791)
Died aged c. 50
Emma, Lady Hamilton (26 April 1765; baptised 12 May 1765 – 15 January 1815) is best remembered as the mistress of Lord Nelson and as the muse of George Romney. She was born Amy Lyon in Ness near Neston, Cheshire, England, the daughter of Henry Lyon, a blacksmith who died when she was two months old. She was raised by her mother, the former Mary Kidd, at Hawarden, and received no formal education. She later changed her name to Emma Hart.DbPedia
mistress of Horatio Nelson 1798
Commemorated on 7 plaques
Merton Place. Sixty metres (200 feet) to the south east was ‘Merton Place’, the only house ever owned (1801 – 1805) by Admiral Lord Nelson and from which he set out for the Battle of trafalgar. Lady Hamilton also lived here 1801 – 1808.
Merton Place, nr Doel Close, Merton, London, United Kingdom where they lived
East Rock House. Admiral Lord Nelson, Sir William and Lady Hamilton stayed here in 1802
St Julian Street, Tenby, United Kingdom where they stayed (1802)
Site of The Blue Ball Inn. Admiral Lord Nelson with Sir William and Lady Hamilton in 1802 attended a performance in its 'Fit Up' theatre.
10 Upper Frog Street, Tenby, United Kingdom where they visited (1802)
Foley House. Foley House, Architect John Nash, was built around 1794 for Richard Foley Esq. A regular guest was his brother Admiral Sir Thomas Foley. The house was visited in 1802 by Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton.
Goat Street, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom where they visited (1802)
Emma, Lady Hamilton c.1765-1815 lived here 1803-1806
11 Clarges Street, London, United Kingdom where they lived
Lady Emma Hamilton and Lord Horatio Nelson stayed here in 1801
The Royal Hotel, Beach Street, Deal, United Kingdom where they visited (1801)
Emma, Lady Hamilton (1765-1815) Born Emy Lyon locally at Ness, renowned Georgian beauty and muse of the artist George Romney, later wife to the ambassador to Naples, Sir William Hamilton, and mistress of Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson. Then known as Emma Hart, she is reputed to have stayed at Dover Castle in 1784 during one of several health cure visits to Parkgate.
16 Station Road, Parkgate, United Kingdom where they was