First Presbyterian Church. Oldest public building in Carlisle; erection begun, 1757. Here colonists met in 1774 to declare for independence, and George Washington worshipped, 1794. Congregation organized at Meeting House Springs in 1734.

Photo of George Washington blue plaque
Doug Kerr from Albany, NY, United States on Wikimedia Commons PD

NW corner, High & Hanover Sts., Carlisle, PA
Google Streetview

by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission

Colour: blue

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Photo of John Adams and George Washington bronze plaque
Wally Gobetz on Flickr
Photo of George Washington blue plaque
Canadian2006 on Wikimedia Commons