Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom
woman and Queen of the United Kingdom (1952-2022)
- King George VI of the United Kingdom (1895-1952) King of the United Kingdom Queen Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (1900-2002) Queen Consort of England
Commemorated on 33 plaques
Coastguard Lookout Visited by King George VI, Queen Elizabeth, and princesses Elizabeth and Margaret 24th April 1943
St Edmund's Point, Hunstanton, United Kingdom where they visited
This Plaque commemorates the visit of Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh to Old Portsmouth on 11 July 1980
Broad Street, Portsmouth, United Kingdom where they visited
Her Majesty The Queen visited this centre on Tuesday 4th may 1982 to commemorate the restoration of St. John's Market following the disastrous fire in December 1979
St. John's Market, Liverpool, United Kingdom where they visited (1982)
To celebrate the visit of Her Majesty The Queen to the Walker during her Golden Jubilee Year
Walker Art Gallery, William Brown Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom where they visited (2002)
On this site at 17 Bruton Street stood the townhouse of the Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne where Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, later to become Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, was born on 21 April 1926. In commemoration of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee Year 2012
17 Bruton Street, Mayfair, W1, London, United Kingdom where they was
FREEDOM TREE Unveiled by Her Majesty The Queen on 9th May 2005. The sculpture and poems were commissioned to commemorate the 60th. anniversary of the Liberation of the people of Jersey. The tree represents freedom, peace and hope for the future.
Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey where they unveiled
The National Maritime Museum occupying the former buildings of the Greenwich Royal Hospital School was opened on 27 April 1937 by His Majesty King George VI being the first public act of his reign These Galleries were re-opened on 11 May 1999 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London, United Kingdom where they re-opened (1999)
The Rotary Club of Solihull presented this stone and beech tree to the people of Solihull in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II 2012 Sixty Glorious Years Stone donated and installed by Earlswood Garden & Landscape Centre & Mid Wales Stone The beech tree donated by Earlwood Plants Ltd Design by Solihull Council Landscape Architecture, Ecology and Urban Design
Malvern Park, New Road, Solihull, United Kingdom where they commemorated the Royal Jubilee (2012)
To Commemorate the visit to Goorambat of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II March 5, 1954.
53 Hall Road, Goorambat, Victoria, Australia where they was (1954)
This stone commemorates the visit by Her Majesty the Queen on 28 May 1993 to mark the completion of the Merseyside Maritime Museum
Merseyside Maritime Museum, Hartley Quay, Albert Dock, Liverpool, United Kingdom where they visited (1993)
Scarborough Open Air Theatre opened by H.M. The Queen accompanied by H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh on 20th May 2010.
Open Air Theatre, Northstead Manor Gardens, Scarborough, United Kingdom where they opened
Railway Station. Before 1848, only aristocratic or wealthy classes could visit Harrogate, but the opening in that year of railway lines to Brunswick and Starbeck stations enabled great numbers of the general public to visit the town in search of health and leisure. Visitors had to travel to central Harrogate by horse-drawn carriage or donkey cart, but in 1862 the North Eastern Railway Company constructed a link line with a new station in the developing area of central Harrogate. Designed by company architect Thomas Prosser, who had also designed York Railway Station, the new station was the first public building in Harrogate to be built of brick. In 1896, an improvement programme provided extended platforms and a beautiful glazed entrance canopy, by which time the station boasted eight platforms. At this time, the often exclusive nature of Harrogate’s visitors entitled the Station Master the rare honour of wearing a silk top hat. In 1965 the Victorian station building was replaced by the present structure designed by Harold Taylor as part of a tower block development. This plaque was presented by Northern Rail in 2012 to mark the 150th anniversary of the opening of central Harrogate’s Railway Station. British Monarchs who have passed through it have included King George V, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth II.
Railway Station, Station Parade, Harrogate, United Kingdom where they passed through
To commemorate the visit of Her Majesty the Queen on 15 March 1985
Old Grammar School - Church Street, Ashbourne, United Kingdom where they visited (1985)
This statue of Robin Hood with its complementary plaques was presented to the City of Nottingham by Philip E.F. Clay Esq to commemorate the visit of the Princess Elizabeth and The Duke of Edinburgh on the 28th June 1949 during the city's quincentenary celebrations
Nottingham Castle - Outer Bailey Wall - Castle Road, Nottingham, United Kingdom where they visited (1949)
This dock was opened by Her royal Highness the Princess Elizabeth on March 3, 1947
Pontoon Rd, Harbour, (S 33° 01.285 E 027° 53.804), East London, South Africa where they opened (1947)
National Museum of Wales Courtyard Galleries opened 15 October 1993 by Her Majesty the Queen
English translation: Amgueddfa Genedlaethol Cymru Orielau cwrt Agorwyd Hydref 15, 1993 gan Ei Mawrhydi y Frenhines
National Museum Cardiff - Gorsedd Gardens Road, Cardiff, United Kingdom where they opened
Commemorating the visit of Her Majesty the Queen in June 2007 to mark the centenary of National Museum of Wales
English translation: Goffáu ymweliad Ei Mawrhydi y Frenhines ym mis Mehefin 2007 i nodi canmlwyddiant Amgueddfa Genedlaethol Cymru
National Museum Cardiff - Gorsedd Gardens Road, Cardiff, United Kingdom where they visited (2007)
To commemorate H. M. Queen Elizabeth II visit to 19 Bronte Street Liverpool L3 5LT on 22nd July 1999
19 Bronte Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom where they visited (1999)
HIGH SPEED 1 BRITAIN'S FIRST HIGH SPEED RAILWAY. THIS STONE COMMEMORATES THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF HIGH SPEED 1 AND ST PANCRAS INTERNATIONAL BY HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN ACCOMPANIED BY HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH ON 6TH NOVEMBER 2007
St Pancras Station, London, United Kingdom where they was
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II stepped ashore here on her first visit to the island July 26 1965.
, Cowes, United Kingdom where they landed (1965)
To commemorate the visit of HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh to Stafford on 31st March 2006 to mark the 800th anniversary of Stafford's Royal Charter granted by King John in 1206
Shire Hall Gallery, Market Square, Stafford, United Kingdom where they visited
On this spot stood Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 16th February 1966 God save the Queen
Main Street, Soufriere, Saint Lucia where they was
The Queen’s Path. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II distributed the Royal Maundy in York on 30 March 1972 and in her Diamond Jubilee year on 5 April 2012.
The Queen’s Path, York, United Kingdom where they distributed the Royal Maundy (1972)
Cyngor Tref Llandudno. I ddathlu'r ymweliad brenhinol a Llandudno gan E.M. y franhines Elizabeth II a'i U.B. dug caeredin ddydd Mercher, Mehefin 22 ain 1977.
English translation: Llandudno Town Council. To celebrate the royal visit and Llandudno by EM, the Queen Elizabeth II and his UB Duke of Edinburgh on Wednesday, June 22nd, 1977. [Google Translate]
Lloyd Street, Llandudno, United Kingdom where they visited (1977)
To commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II and the Centenary of William Laslett's Almshouses Designed by Lewis Shepherd and built on the site of the Former City Gaol.
Laslett's Almshouses - Friar Street, Worcester, United Kingdom where they commemorated the Royal Jubilee (2012)
Royal Visit to Anglesey 9th August 1958 This plaque expresses the pride of the people of Holyhead at the fact that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II H.R.H. Duke of Edinburgh H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and H.R.H. Princess Anne Came ashore here on the 9th August 1958 and that this was the first visit by Prince Charles to the Principality after his creation as Prince of Wales
Newry Beach, Holyhead, United Kingdom where they visited (1958)
City of Birmingham Centenary Festival 1889 To commemorate the visit of Her Majesty the Queen to the City of Birmingham in it's Centenary Year Maundy Thursday 25th March 1989
The Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, United Kingdom where they was (1989)
Cathedral Church of Saint Philip, Birmingham The Undercroft was dedicated by The Archbishop of Canterbury 14th January 1989 and opened by Her Majesty the Queen Maundry Thursday 23rd March 1989
Birmingham Cathedral, Birmingham, United Kingdom where they opened (1989)
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II held the Royal Maundy in this Cathedral 1989
Birmingham Cathedral, Birmingham, United Kingdom where they held the Royal Maundy in this Cathedral (1989)
Queen's Drive Was so named to commemorate the visit to the borough on the 23rd April 1957 of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II and H.R.H. The Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh
Queen's Drive - Mary Stevens Park, Stourbridge, United Kingdom where they visited (1957)
To commemorate Her Majesty the Queen's Golden Jubilee visit to Bury St. Edmunds 17th July 2002
Walled Garden - Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom where they visited (2002)
Erected by St. Davids Community Council to commemorate the 800th anniversary of St. Davids Cathedral 1181-1981 the visit of Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales 28th October 1981 and the visit of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness Prince Philip to distribute the Royal Maundy at St. Davids Cathedral on Thursday 8th April 1982.
28B High Street, St. Davids, United Kingdom where they distributed the Royal Maundy (1982)
Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh unveiled this plaque to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the opening of the Channel Tunnel and the launch of international high speed rail services between the UK and continental Europe.
Pancras Road, London, United Kingdom where they was