Carnegie Library Building. This native limestone library was built in 1909-11 with funds from New York industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Local banker Jo Wilmeth donated the land and the Rev. J. D. Leslie, pastor of the First Presbyterian Church, served as the supervising architect. The building's auditorium and club rooms were used for a variety of civic and cultural events, school social activities and temporary worship services of several local churches. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1962 #732

Larry D. Moore on Wikimedia Commons
See also...
Open Plaques on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
flipflopnick on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Rheba on Flickr
Rheba on Flickr
Nicolas Henderson on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Richard Davies on Flickr
M J Richardson on Geograph
kim traynor on Geograph