Old Sherman Public Library. A subscription library was established in Sherman in 1901 and housed in a rented room. In 1911, the city submitted a request to the Andrew Carnegie Foundation and received $20,000 for a library. This lot was purchased in 1912 for $2500 and plans were drawn for a structure of simplified beaux-arts styling by local architect John Tulloch (1860-1947). The building served as a library from 1915 until 1973. Of note are the three interior murals, completed in 1934. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1986 #11538

Nicolas Henderson on Flickr

by Texas Historical Commission #11538 of the Texas Historical Marker series

Colour: black

Wikimedia:

Flickr:

See also...
Open Plaques on Flickr
Spudgun67 on Wikimedia Commons
flipflopnick on Flickr
Peter Hughes on Flickr
Larry D. Moore on Wikimedia Commons
Larry D. Moore on Wikimedia Commons
Larry D. Moore on Wikimedia Commons
Renelibrary on Wikimedia Commons
Rheba on Flickr
Rheba on Flickr
Larry D. Moore on Wikimedia Commons
Billy Hathorn on Wikimedia Commons
Nick Harrison on Flickr
sgwarnog2010 on Flickr
Richard Davies on Flickr
M J Richardson on Geograph
kim traynor on Geograph